The “Legal Initiatives Team” will be responsible for the following items, included but not limited to:
- Exploring ways to negotiate with the OTA (Online Travel Agencies) or find alternatives
- Understand that it is very likely we won’t win a fight with the OTAs.
- Understand that the Innkeeper’s shopping funnel continues to get narrower because their guests are being diverted higher up in the sales funnel by Google, TripAdvisor, etc.
- Determine whether we have a Google unfairness/discrimination class action lawsuit opportunity.
- If so – we need to gather data from innkeepers who have this data for the lawyers to use in the case.
If you are interested in volunteering for this group, please Volunteer Now!
Team Leader: John Finneran, Caldwell House Bed and Breakfast
- Team Volunteer 1: Rebecca Haller, Pinehurst Inn Bed & Breakfast
- Team Volunteer 2: Steve Katsurinis, 8 Dyer Hotel
- Team Volunteer 3: Carol Matsumoto, Captain Grant’s, 1754
- Team Volunteer 4: Open
- Team Volunteer 5: Open
- Team Volunteer 6: Open
- Team Volunteer 7: Open
- Team Volunteer 8: Open
- Team Volunteer 9: Open
- Team Volunteer 10: Open