The “Association Organization Team” is key to reaching out to Associations who will then communicate with their members who will then communicate with their guests.The team will be responsible for the following items, included but not limited to:
- Establish contacts with all industry associations.
- Provide communications to association contacts to get word out to members and for display on Association websites.
- Make Associations’ industry and travel partners aware of Book Direct similar to our work on unregulated short term rentals.
- Make available Book Direct PAII videos: access direct, not just thru YouTube
- Make sure all associations communicate the 2/6/19 National Book Direct Day to their members.
- Reference PABBI Short Term Rental info packet for ideas on innkeeper education
- Send book direct buttons and rack cards to inns
- Innkeeper education that the Book Direct movement is VITAL for all innkeepers, whether they use an OTA or not!
- Encourage all Associations to include Book Direct movement on their association home page. Ex: Add a banner, etc.
- Define a talking list of bullet points’ for innkeepers about the Book Direct movement to keep it simple!
- Provide sound bites / elevator speech that innkeepers can share with their guests.
- Educate innkeepers on rate parity and how to develop special rates/types (CABBI)
Our Association’s Organization Team is now FULL!
Team Leader: Kris Ullmer, PAII
- Team Volunteer 1: Karen Baker, Baker’s Bed and Breakfast
- Team Volunteer 2: Trish Schechtman, The Inn at Tusculum Farm
- Team Volunteer 3: Mary Pellegrini, Old Parkdale Inn
- Team Volunteer 4: Robert Wolfe, Addy’s Villas
- Team Volunteer 5: Helen Kerwin, Country Woods Inn
- Team Volunteer 6: Cathy Hartmann, Villa D’Citta
- Team Volunteer 7: Kerri Thiel, Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast Association
- Team Volunteer 8: Sue Westenhaver, Inn at Harbour Ridge Bed and Breakfast
- Team Volunteer 9: Kerri Thiel, Wisconsin Bed & Breakfast Association
- Team Volunteer 10: Kevin Claus, Cedar Grove Lodging and Events
- Team Volunteer 11: Robert Griffith, El Morocco Inn & Day Spa
- Team Volunteer 12: John Rolsen, Garth Mansion
- Team Volunteer 13: Michael Fiori, New Brunswick Bed & Breakfast and Inn Association
- Team Volunteer 14: Susan Lemon, Ashland Bed & Breakfast Network