The “Slogan and Logo Team” will be responsible for the following items, included but not limited to:
- Crafting a logo, color scheme and wording to be used on the Innkeeper’s website.
- Craft a purpose / mission statement for the Book Direct movement
- Identify best location for display of logo on Innkeeper’s website.
- Motivate the industry not to ‘fear of the future’; as the future is NOW!
- Educate the industry about how to best use their “Book a Room” button to drive direct bookings.
- Assist Innkeepers to recognize their website may be their first step in their guests’experience, as compared to an impersonal OTA transaction-only type booking.
- Messaging to the guest that booking direct is about a “heart sale” not a “hard sale”; it’s not all about capitalism.
- Consider building on the heart symbol used in Shop Local campaign.
- Slogan ideas:
– Better way to pay
– Book with me!
– Keep it Local
– Don’t look for me on x (OTA)
- Language ideas:
– Best Value / Best Deal may need to be Best Experience.
– We understand from guests that transparency is appreciated, so we need to educate them to better understand what that transparency really means.
February 6, 2019 – START DATE to coincide with National Book Direct Day.
If you are interested in volunteering for this group, please Volunteer Now!
Team Leader: Rob Fulton, AIHP
- Team Volunteer 1: Shannon Seth, Inn Seattle
- Team Volunteer 2: Carl Kosko, Harvest Moon Bed and Breakfast
- Team Volunteer 3: Cheryl Sabin, Bluegrass Country Estate
- Team Volunteer 4: Pam Lakman, Zillah Lakes Inn
- Team Volunteer 5: Todd A Derr, Leucadia Beach Inn
- Team Volunteer 6: Tammy Holloway, Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles
- Team Volunteer 7:
- Team Volunteer 8: