The “Get the Word Out Team” will be responsible for the following items, included but not limited to:
- Notifications to Press, Social Media, YouTube
- Communication to Innkeeping Associations, including, but not limited to, SWAG (Stuff We All Get, Freebies)
- Focus on what’s in it for the traveler WIIFM (What’s in it for me?) and De-focus what’s in it for the Innkeeper.”
– Buy Local
– The Experience
– Direct access to Innkeeper
- Connect on FB and other social media channels with local business owners also affected by internet sales.
- Attract millennials and younger travelers using Instagram and # (Hashtag) postings.
- Provide assistance and language on what Innkeepers should be including in their Email Marketing campaigns regarding Book Direct.
- Educate Innkeepers to take the gloves off in all guest communication while avoiding violating any OTA contractual language!
- Local a celebrity owner of B&B? Spokesperson? Someone who can do a Public Service Announcement?
Our Get The Word Out Team is now FULL!
Thank you to all who have volunteered! If you would like to add your Association and Contact information to our list of participating groups, please enter that information on the Volunteer form.
Team Leader: Heather Turner, PAII
- Team Volunteer 1: Tammy Doriot, White Oak Manor Bed and Breakfast
- Team Volunteer 2: Marina Shortino, The Publishing House Bed & Breakfast
- Team Volunteer 3: John Gresley, Inn at Pine Terrace
- Team Volunteer 4: Martin Etzel, Flag House Inn
- Team Volunteer 5: Seta Mesrobian, Gingerbread Mansion Inn
- Team Volunteer 6: Kathleen Panek, Gillum House Bed & Breakfast
- Team Volunteer 7: Cheryl Michaelsen, Berry Manor Inn
- Team Volunteer 8: Emily Rowlands, R&B Bed and Breakfast
- Team Volunteer 9: Diane Greene, Making Waves Boatel