The “Get the Word Out Team” will be responsible for the following items, included but not limited to:
- Notifications to Press, Social Media, YouTube
- Communication to Innkeeping Associations, including, but not limited to, SWAG (Stuff We All Get, Freebies)
- Focus on what’s in it for the traveler WIIFM (What’s in it for me?) and De-focus what’s in it for the Innkeeper.”
– Buy Local
– The Experience
– Direct access to Innkeeper
- Connect on FB and other social media channels with local business owners also affected by internet sales.
- Attract millennials and younger travelers using Instagram and # (Hashtag) postings.
- Provide assistance and language on what Innkeepers should be including in their Email Marketing campaigns regarding Book Direct.
- Educate Innkeepers to take the gloves off in all guest communication while avoiding violating any OTA contractual language!
- Local a celebrity owner of B&B? Spokesperson? Someone who can do a Public Service Announcement?
Our Get The Word Out Team is now FULL!
Team Leader: Heather Turner, PAII
- Team Volunteer 1: Tammy Doriot, White Oak Manor Bed and Breakfast
- Team Volunteer 2: Marina Shortino, The Publishing House Bed & Breakfast
- Team Volunteer 3: John Gresley, Inn at Pine Terrace
- Team Volunteer 4: Martin Etzel, Flag House Inn
- Team Volunteer 5: Seta Mesrobian, Gingerbread Mansion Inn
- Team Volunteer 6: Kathleen Panek, Gillum House Bed & Breakfast
- Team Volunteer 7: Cheryl Michaelsen, Berry Manor Inn
- Team Volunteer 8: Emily Rowlands, R&B Bed and Breakfast
- Team Volunteer 9: Diane Greene, Making Waves Boatel