The Legislative topics include, but are not limited to:
- Representing Book Direct issues at governmental levels
- Assist legislators with education and communication regarding these issues
- Be involved in Lobbying and Advocating at the state level
- Education for Innkeepers on how to reach out to their own government leaders
The Legal topics include, but are not limited to:
- Exploring ways to negotiate with the OTA (Online Travel Agencies) or find alternatives
- Understand that it is very likely we won’t win a fight with the OTAs.
- Understand that the Innkeeper’s shopping funnel continues to get narrower because their guests are being diverted higher up in the sales funnel by Google, TripAdvisor, etc.
- Determine whether we have a Google unfairness/discrimination class action lawsuit opportunity.
- If so – we need to gather data from innkeepers who have this data for the lawyers to use in the case.
Team Leader: Robin Stauffer, Pheasant Field Bed and Breakfast
- Lyle Woodruum, Davie School Inn
- Nicole Maurer, Patty’s Place Bed and Breakfast
- Bren Price, Touchstone Inn
- Rebecca Haller, Pinehurst Inn Bed & Breakfast
- Steve Katsurinis, 8 Dyer Hotel
- Carol Matsumoto, Captain Grant’s, 1754