Next Wednesday is the Third Annual #BookDirect Guest Education Day – February 5, 2020. This movement has been gaining steam, with lodging professionals truly beginning to understand the impact that Big Tech has on their bottom lines. With Congressional testimony by property owners, lawsuits against the OTAs and massive participation by hoteliers and innkeepers all over the world, the movement is reaching more and more potential guests to educate them abour Direct Booking, and why it is so important, not only for the businesses, but also themselves!
We’ve seen so many creative ways that lodging professionals have spread the message, among them:
- Innkeeping associations disseminating #BookDirect themed buttons and rack cards through their conferences, along with keeping innkeepers up to date on the movement, and encouraging them to take part.
- Innkeepers and associations using themed images on social media, or offering #BookDirect specials – when you share the message, make sure to include the hashtag #BookDirect. Here are some image examples from the Association of Lodging Professionals:
- Lodging professionals offering add-ons to guests who book direct – like bottles of wine, breakfasts, custom swag – and then letting the OTA guests see the special treatment!
- The Direct Booking Summits taking place all over the world, as lodging professionals, vendors and experts gather to learn the best ways to promote direct booking.
- Hoteliers producing commercials to explain to potential guests that they can still book direct – and get a better deal!
- Smaller lodging properties educating guests at a very personal level – in person at breakfast, on their own websites, through newsletters, and of course through social media.
Don’t let this day go by without using the impetus created by the growing #BookDirect movement to educate your guests about the benefits of booking directly with you – and make sure to register for ongoing news – Join the #BookDirect Movement!